27 July 2010

Movie Review For Despicable Me.

Hey There!

Recently, I went to see the movie "Despicable Me", with my good friend Kelsey. I have to say, I was stunned by the movie, even though I saw it in 2-D.

Overall, the movie proved to be a heartwarming and fun experience. It really brought out the inner child in me. I realized how much I miss of my childhood, such as the fun experiences with family. Mainly, the films protagonist, Dr. Gru, takes on three young girls by adoption, however, he realizes this tasked is proven harder then he thought it would be, whilst he has to juggle taking on the villainous schemes of his evil empire, and taking care of three young girls. I honestly found this movie quite touching, for throughout the movie, you see his good side start to really shine through his evil exterior. The one thing I disliked about this film is that it lacked a sort of overall scheme. It just seemed that the movie was going on one straight course, as opposed to a twisty ride that tests your emotions. However, I shouldn't expect a roller coaster experience from a children's movie, I still think the movie should have a few exhilarating moments. However, I enjoy how the movie went on a steady pace, and kept me hooked, although there were times when I looked to my friend and began to talk to her, and she did the same. To be completely honest, I think the minions stole the show. They had the right amount of humour, and great comedic timing. I actually found their nonsensical blabber quite funny. Overall, this film proved to be a wonderful visual treat, as well as an adorable, heartwarming story, that will make you think how much it really means to be family.

Overall, I give the film 4.5/5 stars.

Despicable me stars Steve Carell, Will Arnett, Russel Crowe, Kirsten Wiig, and Miranda Cosgrove. It hits theaters July 9th, 2010.

No comments: